CNA publishes 2022 Activity Report
- By Gianluca Cuzzolin
Our 2022 Activity Report highlights the progress and achievements that Calypso Networks Association has made in what was another strong and dynamic calendar year for the association.
Download the full report to learn more about CNA in 2022, including how we grew the Calypso offering to further benefit the entire transport ticketing community. This includes:
- Welcoming 16 new members to the growing CNA community.
- Continuing collaboration with industry partners such as NFC Forum, UITP and Smart Ticketing Alliance, as well as actively contributing to multiple industry associations.
- Engaging with members and the ticketing community at events such as the 7th Budapest Smart Ticketing & Digital Services Forum, our User Days in Venice and more, culminating in our Open Session in Paris.
Technical updates and certification
- Launching the innovative and highly-secure Calypso Basic and Calypso Prime PKI – two new solutions now available for the global market that have been designed to support more infrequent journeys and new mobilities such as Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS).
- Certifying eight additional products, including Calypso Prime and Calypso Basic cards, as well as certification for mobile applets, including Java Cards and eSE. This brings the total of certified products to 55, providing assurance that they conform to specified standards.
- Continued adoption of Eclipse Keyple by multiple networks, who are now using the free SDK to integrate Calypso more easily and quickly into their ticketing offer, confirming the relevance of CNA choosing open-source.
- Publishing the Eclipse Keyple: A Blueprint for a Smart Future eBook, to help users to discover the advantages of this open-source SDK.
- Launching the Calypso Documentation Library, giving users a comprehensive and easy-to-use way to access all the documents they may need to learn and master the Calypso standard.
- Publishing Calypso Live, a beautiful collection of case studies from around the world, exploring the different ways that Calypso standards are being used to transform contactless ticketing experiences for passengers globally.
- Launching our guide for tenders, a step-by-step guide to the process, and key considerations to help support transit authorities and operators draft and manage Calls for Tender.
Thank you to the entire CNA team, our Board and of course our community for your ongoing support and dedication. Together, we continue to advance open standards and systems that support sustainable consumer mobility needs worldwide!
Read the 2022 CNA Activity Report to find out more.