Last updated: 08 December 2022
About this Notice
This Privacy Notice (“Notice“) explains how we (as defined below) collect, share and use any information that, alone or in combination with other information, relates to you (“Personal Data“) when you (“you” and “your“) use our website https://calypsonet.org/ (the “Website“).
This Notice also sets out the rights that you have in relation to the Personal Data that we process about you and how you can exercise them.
Calypso treats compliance with its privacy obligations seriously. This is why we have developed this Notice, which describes the standards that Calypso applies to protect Personal Data.
For the purposes of this Notice, Calypso Networks Association ABSL with registered office at Rue Royale 76 1000 Brussels Belgium, and registered with the Crossroads Bank of Enterprises (RPM Brussels) under number BE 0862.030.981 (“Calypso“, “CNA“, “us“, “we“, or “our“) acts as the data controller for the Personal Data that is collected via the Website. As a data controller, Calypso is responsible for ensuring that the processing of Personal Data complies with applicable data protection law, and specifically with the General Data Protection Regulation.
Please take the time to read this Notice carefully. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us via [email protected].
What Personal Data does Calypso collect and why?
The types of Personal Data that we may collect about you, and the reasons why we process it, are the following:
Why we collect it
Personal data we collect
Legal grounds for processing
Allow you to become a member of CNA and management of members and your membership
Name, surname, organisation name, organisation type, job title, email address, professional mail address, phone number of contact persons, credentials.
Allowing you to have access CNA documentation, materials and content
Name, surname, organisation name, organisation type, job title, email address, professional mail address, phone number, credentials, status or membership.
Administering our Website
Device information and IDs, browsing data
Our legitimate interest for the Website to function
Monitoring the performance and the traffic of our Website
Device information and IDs, browsing data
Consent through the cookie management platform
Registration to events and organising events
Name and surname, organisation name, email address, job title (optional), telephone number (optional)
Providing exclusive email updates, newsletters, and notifications including information about events
Name and surname, email address.
Consent (unless a legal exception applies, in which case we would rely on our legitimate interest in promoting our services)
Allowing you to contact us, and contacting you following your request and responding to your queries
Name, surname, email address, company name;
Any information included in the content of the request/queries.
Our legitimate interest in responding to requests
Disputes and legal proceedings
Any information relevant or potentially relevant to a dispute or legal proceeding affecting us
Our legitimate interest in defending our rights and interests in court
- We also collect certain information automatically from your device using cookies and similar tracking technology as explained further in our Cookie Notice, which is available here. Specifically, the information we collect automatically includes information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
- Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
- When your organisation registers as a CNA member, it sends us Personal Data about you (namely, your name and professional contact details) when you act as a contact person of our members.
Who does Calypso share your Personal Data with?
We disclose your Personal Data to the following categories of recipients:
- to our office in Paris (Calypso Networks Association) for purposes consistent with this Notice. We take precautions to allow access to Personal Data only to those staff members who have a legitimate business need for access.
- to our third party vendors and services providers who provide data processing services to us, or who otherwise process Personal Data for purposes that are described in this Notice or notified to you when we collect your Personal Data. These vendors and service providers support us in the following areas: Website storage provider, IT developer, media agency in charge of our Website, marketing provider (to be able to send you marketing communications) and data analytics;
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to our auditors, advisors, legal representatives and similar agents in connection with the advisory services they provide to us for legitimate business purposes and under contractual prohibition of using the Personal Data for any other purpose;
- to a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your Personal Data only for the purposes disclosed in this Notice;
- to any other person if you have provided your prior consent to the disclosure.
How we protect your privacy
We will process Personal Data in accordance with this Notice, as follows
- Fairness: We will process Personal Data fairly. This means that we are transparent about how we process Personal Data and that we will process it in accordance with applicable law.
- Lawfulness: We will process Personal Data only on lawful grounds.
- Purpose limitation: We will process Personal Data for specified and legitimate purposes, and will not process it in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes, unless permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Data minimization: We will process Personal Data that is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary to achieve the purposes for which the data are processed.
- Data accuracy: We take appropriate measures to ensure that the Personal Data that we hold about you is accurate, complete and, where necessary, kept up to date. However, it is also your responsibility to ensure that your Personal Data is kept as accurate, complete and current as possible by informing Calypso promptly of any changes or errors. You should notify us of any changes to the Personal Data that we hold about you (e.g. a change of address or contact person within the organisation that is a member of Calypso).
- Data security: We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the Personal Data that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your Personal Data.
- Limited Retention: We keep your Personal Data in a form that allows us to identify you for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes for which we are processing your data and do not store your data for longer, unless we must comply with applicable laws.
Data storage, retention and deletion
- We retain Personal Data we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested, e.g. during your membership, or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
- When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Data, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
International transfers of data
- Your Personal Data may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country [(and, in some cases, may not be as protective)].
- Specifically, our servers are located in the United Kindgom. In addition, our third party service providers operate in the United Kingdom or in another third country. This means that when we collect your Personal Data we may process it in any of these countries.
- However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your Personal Data will remain protected in accordance with this Notice. We transfer your data to adequate countries (United Kingdom). In addition, the safeguards include implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of Personal Data with our third-party service providers or having our services providers implementing these Clauses.
- Further details can be provided upon request.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights, that you can exercise at the following address [email protected]:
- You have the right to access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Data.
- In addition, in certain circumstances, as stipulated in the applicable data protection legislation, you can object to processing of your Personal Data, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Data or request portability of your Personal Data.
- If we have collected and process your Personal Data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you.
- If you have a complaint or concern about how we are processing your Personal Data then we will endeavour to address such concern(s). If you feel we have not sufficiently addressed your complaint or concern, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries are available here.)
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Linking to other websites
- The Website may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These websites have their own privacy policies and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of Personal Data you submit whilst visiting these websites.
- We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
Updates to this Notice
- We may update this Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
- You can see when this Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Notice.
Institutional website of Calypso Networks Association
Owner : Calypso Networks Association
Contact : Calypso Networks Association
Address : Rue Royale 76 – 1000 Bruxelles – Koningsstraat 76 – 1000 Brussel